Athens, April 29, 2020. KARABINIS MEDICAL made an important donation of 100,000 face masks to the Panhellenic Pharmaceutical Association (PFS) and the Federation of Greek Pharmacists’ Cooperatives “OSFE”.
The masks will cover the individual hygiene protection of the OSFE Cooperatives human resources, daily present at the forefront, in order to serve the immediate needs of the Greek pharmacy, an integral part of the health sector. Masks will be also given to doctors and nurses who are in direct contact with patients suffering from Covid -19, as the Board of P.F.S. decided to donate their share to a public hospital, due to the urgency of the protection of the Greek medical staff
Mr. Apostolos Karabinis, Founder & Entrepreneur of KARABINIS MEDICAL, on the 29/04/2020 handed over 50,000pcs of masks to the President of P.F.S. Mr. Apostolos Valtas and another 50.000pcs to the President of OSFE. Mr. Stavros Belonis. During the meeting taking place for the donation procedure, Mr. Apostolos Karabinis pointed out: “It is our great pleasure to contribute through the donation of 100,000 masks into this particularly difficult situation that our country is going through due to Covid-19 pandemic. »
KARABINIS MEDICAL, a company extremely sensitive to Corporate Social Responsibility issues, through the program “Ally of Life” actively and practically supports the health professionals present at the forefront, dealing with the critical situation in our country. The company, in addition to the large donation of 100,000 masks, during the last 2 months has performed a series of important donations to associations and institutions of our country, as well as to fellow humans who are in special need:
- Donation of high-tech digital blood pressure monitors to Sotiria Hospital, a Covid-19 reference hospital.
- Donation of high technology Microlife blood pressure monitors and Bluetooth technology thermometer at the Telemedicine Laboratory of Patras University Medical School. The diagnostic devices will be used in a brand new telemedicine program developed by scientists that will be available in Municipalities of our country, meant to support the Home Care program.
- In consultation with the Pharmacists of the World, we donated Microlife NC 150 forehead thermometers to the Central Service of EKAV and to the Town Hall of our beautiful island Agios Efstratios located in the northeastern Aegean.
- Donation of consumables to Peania Municipality and Police Department.
- Gloves donation at the Equal Society Non-Profit Organization – Equal Opportunities Society, which supports people who suffer, being in financial and social difficulty.